Altered Wooden Box with Sigma Rose

11:00 am Irit Shalom Designs 5 Comments


Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my Papericious inspirational post.
 I am Irit from Irit Shalom Designs and this is my  January inspirational post.
Today I was challenged to use Sigma cardstock and to make flowers.
Let's say that making flowers is not my " cup of tea" and actually I never made a single flower from the bare cardstock by myself.
I made stamped flowers that were hand cut after stamping. I made stamped and die cut flowers, but those were not " real looking " ones.
So this huge single rose I made for this project was a pretty hard job for this " non flower" girl and I love the result.
Let's say that Sigma cardstock is just the best one to use for flower making even for  those  who are very new to this craft.
So I made an altered wooden box and embellished it with a lot of Papericious new and gorgeous products and this Sigma flower is just the diamond of this piece.

As you ca see the book shaped wooden box was painted with two layers of acrylics and I used crackle medium to get this look.



Then I made this  pretty big rose using Sizzix Susan's Garden Rose die and it was quite a job!
There are three petals in this set and the bud and leaves and each petal was die cut like 12 times.
Each petal was hand painted from  both sides with distress inks and then misted with water mist and shaped with  almost no tools as I just don't have such.
Finally each dry petal was glued and I added a bit of shiny clear paint over the edges.
As you can see the rose was layered over Papericious Fancy Chain lace.
Dark pink Papericious cord was added over the piece of new Papericious chipboard that was  heat embossed with white embossing powder.
The " Hello" word was added over the lace and the cord.
Here is this gorgeous flower again from different sides:





And the final look to the whole box again- now it's closed.


 As you can see I also added some new Papericious sequins over the chipboard on the top.

I hope that you like my altered box and my first ever handmade flower.
And if you love flowers and want to try flower making- Sigma cardstock is the best of the best for this matter.

Papericious products used:
Sigma Cardstock
Fancy Chain Lace
Chipboard The Wedding
Chipboard Moroccan Lace
Jute Cord Pink
Textured Sequins
Round Blending Tool

You can also  buy our products in THOSE shops. 

See you again soon with more Papericious inspiration!

You Might Also Like

5 comments: