Baby Layout | Step by Step Tutorial

11:55 am Hussena 7 Comments

Hello everybody,
This is Hussena here and I'm sharing with you a cute baby layout which could also be used as a wall frame to showcase some adorable baby pictures of your little ones to relive the memories of their childhood :)
This entire LO is made using the Little Star paper pack by Papericious. This pack has some of the most adorable prints for creating not only baby albums, cards, or layouts/frames, but it has so many cute elements which can be fussy cut to highlight your project and that's what I have tried to do in my layout. Here's a picture of my LO and some close-up details!

I have shared a short tutorial showing you how I have created all the embellishments in my LO using this particular paper pack. Scroll down below for it :)


A close-up of the polaroid frames which can hold your baby's pictures. Don't forget to check out that cute little rattle and the kite which I have fussy cut from the pattern papers in this collection. Isn't it so so cute?!

Some circle embellishments which I have made to coordinate with my LO.

The title 'Baby' has been die-cut from one of the dino themed papers in this paper pack. I simply love this print! The cute boats are cut into a strip from a pattern paper to layer as a border.

The 'My Little World' embellishment has been die-cut from the embellishment sheet included in this paper pack using an oval die and placed over a decorative oval die-cut from Spellbinders. The blue star was fussy-cut from the embellishment sheet again and foam mounted.

The small flowers have been punched from the polka dot pattern papers in this pack and the leaves have been die-cut from the dino themed paper I mentioned about earlier. These make the perfect coordinating embellishments and the paper pack is extremely versatile as you can see.  The 'baby' sentiment has been fussy-cut from one of the pattern papers in this pack and foam mounted for added interest. Looks cool, doesn't it ?!



Here's a short tutorial explaining my process :

Step 1. I began with a 12 X 12" pattern paper from this paper pack and layered it on a 12 X 12" cardstock for further stability.


Step 2. Next, I cut out a 8 X 8" white cardstock and distressed the edges using Tumbled Glass Distress ink from Tim Holtz. Then, I did some faux stitching on the edges to create interest.


Step 3. I wanted my focal to be interesting so I created these polka dot polaroid frames using a square die from Spellbinders. I cut out two of these of different sizes and made it my focal around which all my embellishments were placed.


Step 4. The 'My Little World' embellishment has been die-cut from the embellishment sheet included in this paper pack using an oval die and placed over a decorative oval die-cut from Spellbinders.


Step 5. I created some circle embellishments using this particular pattern from this collection. I really loved the colours and the pattern and thought this would make a really cute and peppy embellishment. I first punched out a large circle from Kraft colored cardstock, then I punched out these circles from the pattern paper and layered them on the kraft circle base and did some faux stitching around it using a white gel pen.


Step 6. I punched out these small flowers from the red polka dot pattern paper from which the polaroid frames were made and gently embossed them using a stylus to create dimension. The other flowers were also made in a similar manner.



And here's a look at the completed layout with all the lil' embellishments.


Hope you like this bright & cheerful layout from me. Do let me know your views regarding it. This project was something out of my comfort zone and I really enjoyed making it. Would love to hear your comments on this :)

Have a nice day everyone!

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout , Hussena. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome n so colorful layout Hussena !! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute and beautiful layout Hussena! :)
    Suchix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jus SO cute...LOve the bright and cheerful LO...Love the way u did those punched flowers!!! such clever idea...embossing on it lifts up the look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute & beautiful Hussena :) <3 am totally shy of LOs but i'm so inspired to try one :) thanks for sharing the tute <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute one!! Totally loved it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!! Thank you for the step by step walkthru!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete