"Down at the Grosvenor" by Tina Ollett

11:59 am Tina Ollett 0 Comments


Hello and welcome Papericious friends.
Tina here with you today to share a layout created with gorgeous Papericious goodies. This project I have titled "Down at the Grosvenor"......

My title name came about simply because this is the place where my children use to love to go on a weekend or in the school holidays when they were very young. Catching red claw was what they loved to do there and just simply explore the surroundings. I loved it too and really do miss it so.

So more about the layout. For my project I used the products below. I firstly covered these very cute hot air balloons with a thick coverage of Papericious Crackle Paint and left these to dry for a couple of hours. The crackle effect is awesome. Once it was dried I cut one of the balloons in half length ways and then inked the edges and over the cracks with Distress Walnut Stain Ink.

I then started on my background page using my fave collection from Papericious - Fleur Fun. I have used the yellow spots and the yellow butterfly papers. The yellow spots were primed with a Clear Gesso and left to dry. I then added in strips running lengthways down the centre to the right edge of the page of the yellow butterfly paper. I also added in between some of these layers some corrugated board from an old box that I tore up. I adhered these and then also cut a photo mat from another sheet of the yellow butterfly. These were all adhered and then I added in some texture using a Cadence Stencil with Papericious Modelling Paste. This was left to dry. When it dried I painted a little of Natural White Papericious Chalk Paint over the corrugated pieces. I also added in a little random stamping with a script stamp and Distress Walnut Stain ink.

The Papericious Chipboard Collage piece Checkers was inked using some Walnut Stain Distress Ink. While it was still wet I added over some White Papericious Gesso just to lighten the darkness a little bit. 

Papericious Chipboard Collage : Checkers
Colour Grey
Size 6 x 6

I then went to work on embellishing my layout. I firstly added in the Hot Air Balloons. The full Balloon to the right and under the photo. The other one which I previously cut in half was added under the photo and the left of the photo and the other half at the left of the layout. I worked on adding in some pretty florals in ginger and mushroom colours to co-ordinate with the yellow. I also added in some green leaves and hand dyed muslin.  

I also added in a handmade Flourish mould. This was coloured with Distress Ink also. I added in cut up pieces of the Papericious Checkers Chipboard.
Lastly I dry brushed my project with a little White Gesso to keep with the shabby chic themed that I was wanting to have. 

And that was it. I hope you enjoyed this project with me today. 
Stay tuned for more fantastic projects from the Design Team coming your way. 
Take care and happy crafting.
Tina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments: