Cash Envelopes ft. 'The Flickers'

11:01 am Shakti Arora 0 Comments


Cash Envelopes ft. 'The Flickers'

Hello Papericious fans!  
This is Shakti here from Shakti Art Creations , today I have a tutorial for you all of not one but two cash envelopes.
This is my first time I am trying cash envelope with the gorgeous papers The Flickers.
This collection is perfect for cash envelopes because of the gold foil. I am sure every crafter loves the gold foil finish.
Let's have a look over the envelopes:

Here I used gorgeous papers from The Flickers Collection and CUT AND CREATE EMBELLISHMENTS SHEETS - Blush. I also used some sequins from the store and Frosting Powder.

Let's get started with the Tutorial:

Step 1 - I have taken a Cardstock measure 8.5" by 8.5". Score at 0.5" and 8" on the one side and on the other side score at 2.5" and 6".
Step 2 -  Now remove the part which are marked as "X" in the picture. 
Step 3 - After removing the X part fold all the score lines and use some tacky tape on the sides and at the closure point I am using magnets. This is how our envelope look like.
Step 4 -  Its time to cover the envelope with the pattern papers of your choice. I am using white and gold paper from the pack.  
Step 5 - Take another piece of pattern paper from the pack measuring 7" by 2.5". On the first side, score at 0.5" and 6.5". Now on the other side, score at 0.5", 1", and 1.5". Remove the part which is marked as X in the picture. After removing, adhere an Acetate  sheet at the back and add two layers of double sided foam tape at the back to give it some height.
 Step 6 - Put some sequins on the envelope and stick the above piece on the envelope. For decoration here I have fussy cut some flowers from one of the sheets from the Flickers Collection and adhered them on the right corner. I also used a piece of MDF stating Mr & Mrs from my stash. This is how our first envelope done which is a Shaker Envelope.   

Now quickly moving on to our second envelope. 
Step 1 - Make a raw envelope in the same way we did for the first. In this one, I am using ribbon for the closure and we are doing decoration part on this side of envelope. After adhering the ribbon, cover it with your favorite paper from the stash. 

Step 2 - I am using here a small frame from my stash and also fussy cut some embellishments from CUT AND CREATE EMBELLISHMENT - Blush
Step 3- To add some more shine, I took the cute frame and applied some Fevicol and Frosting Powder from the store. After doing this, it's now time to do the embellishing. I have used a piece of doily from the stash and also stick some embellishment before adhering the frame. 
Step 4 - In the end, stick the frame and add some flowers and key embellishment which we fussy cut earlier. To add some more finishing, I also add little amount of mixed media stones on some places and adhered some sequins on some places and we are done with it. 
I hope you guys love both the tutorials.

Supplies Used:


That's all from my side today. 
I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Thanks for stopping by!


You Might Also Like

0 comments: