Floral Resin Platter and Coaster Set

11:40 am Pixiedust 0 Comments

Hello my Crafty Friends


Today i have come up with another super easy and beautiful resin project . My love for flowers and gardening sometimes reflect in my projects and this project is one of them. 

For my today’s project I have taken flowers from my own garden . I took bougainvillea flowers of different sizes along with leaves. I pressed them in my books. Bougainvillea is the easiest flower to press and use for your resin projects and its cost efficient also.

Before doing any resin project we need to do some preparations .

Preparations

1.  Cover your workstation - Cover up your workstation properly . I use cellaphane sheets to cover my work table. It is done to avoid spoiling your work table incase resin falls on it. These sheets will be disposed later.

2.  Gloves -Always wear gloves while working with resin . I prefer Nitrile gloves when handling resin . You can also use surgical gloves . Never do any of your resin project with bare hands.

3.  Respirator- Always use a respirator while working with the resin specially when you blow your heat gun or torch over it.

4.  Disposable - You will be needing some disposable cups and popsicle sticks to pour your resin into .

5.  Weighing scale – Your will be needing a weighing scale . Always measure your resin in the proportions mentioned on the resin bottles. Never mix your resin by approximation. It will lead to a fail project.

For example – The ratio mentioned on Papericious resin bottles is Resin Part  A: Resin part B is 2:1 , so if I take resin part A 20 grams then I will pour 10 grams of resin part B. Measurements should be exact .

6.  Heat gun and a blow torch- we will be needing a blow torch or a heat gun for our resin project . We can choose either of the two depending on what effect we want to achieve. Both of them help to get rid of the bubbles in the resin.

7.  Resin Part A and Part B and Resin Pigments - Always buy a good quality resin to achieve a good finished project. Always use resin pigments to tint your resin

 

Now when our preparations are done , lets start with our project. I am making a Floral Resin Platter. For this platter i took a black acrylic base . Using a colored acrylic base saves a lot of time and effort. I made the same project on a wooden base . For that i had to prepare the base by adding two layers of white colored resin . Using black acrylic base saved my time and 2 steps of resin pouring to prepare the base.

Then using my weighing scale I mixed resin part A:B in the ratio  16:8 grams  in a disposable cup and will mix it using a popsicle stick. I  moved my popsicle in clockwise direction only along with the sides of the cup in order to avoid  infusing more bubbles in the resin. After mixing the resin I will leave the resin for 3- 4 minutes so the bubbles in resin settle themselves. Next I will add a thin  layer of clear resin on the Acrylic base on the platter and coasters. I placed my dried flowers and leaves on the base of the platter and coasters. You can also randomly put flowers on the platter but I arranged them on one side. Next if you see bubbles in you resin then you can remove them using a heat gun but be careful as the heating should not be done on the flowers as they might get damaged.

Once the resin has cured . I mixed the resin in the same proportions and added a gold foil in it. After mixing it well , i added it on the top of my 1st layer.  After the 2nd layer has cured and if you feel the need you can add a layer of clear resin on top to achieve a perfect look.

Next I painted the edges of the platter and coaster using golden color.

 

My Resin platter and coaster set is ready. Wasn’t it easy?? So what are you waiting for. Grab your supplies and make your resin project. And don’t forget to share it me.

I will be back soon with another interesting resin project. Until then keep creating.

Lots of love

Anshita Talwar

 

The resin supplies used are from Papericious


You Might Also Like

0 comments: