"Fly Away" Decoupage Tray by Swati.

11:00 am swati nahata 20 Comments

Morning!
Swati this side from Swati's Crafting World. Hope y'all are doing great.

When you've solid stunning MDF  trays, they do most of the heavy lifting for you, meaning it's not very hard to make them look nice. With just a little creativity & a few supplies, you can 
make wooden trays stand out to be the star. I love wooden trays because of their
 versatility. They're quintessential, can be used to serve food, as a centerpiece, to store things, 
or even to decorate wall, & the options are endless.

Today I'm gonna show you how to work with decoupage on a wooden tray. My today's post features -
Papericious - MDF Trays.
Papericious - Fly Away Decoupage Papers.
Papericious - Decoupage Glue.

ON TO MY CREATION :


STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL :

1. I've used sand paper & rubbed the corners of the tray properly so that the finishing comes out crisp & clean.

2. Then, I've painted the tray with acrylic white paint as a base coat. I did so because it helps in enhancing the colour done after.

3. When the acrylic paint has dried up, I've applied dark brown colour twice, so that colour comes out clean.

4. After the brown paint has dried up, I've applied a thin layer of Decoupage Glue, sticked the paper & smoothen it with a piece of sponge (in one direction) making sure no air bubbles trapped inside.
5. After the paper is totally dry, I've cut the extra paper with a craft knife.

6. Now. I've applied a generous coat of Decoupage Glue all over the piece in order to seal the paper & let it dry for minimum of two hours.

Tadda! Tray is ready to use.

SUPPLIES USED :



That's all for today. Hope you've enjoyed it & will surely try your hands with decoupage. I'll see y'all again in the New Year, till then
WISH YOU & YOUR FAMILY A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS & A MERRY NEW YEAR. 
Love

You Might Also Like

20 comments:

  1. This tray looks lovely, thanks for the detailed tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. 😍 Do try your hands with this & don’t forget to tag me, would live to see your creations. 😊

      Delete
  2. Superb tray. I liked so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made it look simple yet elegant. Thanks for the detailed tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage look you have created ❤❤❤🌸🌸🌸

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one, very nicely exolaexpl and done. Looks like I have to soon try decoupage, you guys make it look so elegant and easy and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whaow! <3 Thank You so much. :)
      I would love to see your creation, & don't forget to tag me. :)

      Delete