DIY File Holder

11:00 am lekha 1 Comments

Hi lovely people, 
Today I will be sharing with you an easy tutorial on making a file holder featuring my favorite set of Papericious pattern papers
I have made two sizes of file holders to keep my 12"x 12" and 6"x 6"  pattern papers all organised and sorted.
Making these was on my list for sometime now.So lets start with the tutorial.
I have taken corrugated sheet(from old packaging) and cut them to sizes which fits in 12x12" and 6x6" papers easily.
Large File Holder: 2 pcs (13" x 11.5 "); 1 pc (13"x 4"); 1 pc (11.5"x 4")
 Small File Holder: 2 pcs (7" x 3.5"); 1 pc ( 8.5"x 7"); 1 pc (7" x 3.5")
For getting all the sides together I have used painters tape, you can also use got glue gun to adhere all the sides in place. 


 I have painted the edges of the corrugated sheet using the country grey chalk paint (Large file holder). This is how it looks when taped.





I have painted the edges with  brick red chalk paint (small file holder).
Next step took Azalein paper pack and trimmed papers to respective sides (approx. 1cm smaller).

 For the smaller file holder I have used the Ethereal paper pack and trimmed the pattern paper (approx. 1cm smaller).


I have embellished the file holder with some fussy cut images and flowers and lace.




That's all from my side.
Hope the easy tutorial inspired you to create one for yourself.

Supplies Used:












You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Lekha! So useful, and so beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete