Cards using Papericious Vellum and Whimsical Paper Pack

11:00 am Priya 2 Comments

Hi All,
Happy Monday! This is Priya here. Today I have 4 cards to show you how to use Papericious Vellum is different ways. Papericious has released their very own "made in India" Vellum cardstock. I must say the vellum is just the right thickness and quality that is perfect to try various techniques on this translucent cardstock. I have combined it with Whimsical Paper pack to make my cards. This paper pack is from Papericious old release. Let's get started!
Card 1 : With Sympathy - Vellum as card base
In this card, I want to highlight the thickness of the Papericious Vellum cardstock. It is so sturdy that it can be used as the base. It creases easily and gives a lovely translucent effect to the card.
I have diecut various images from the die cut sheet that comes in Whimsical Paper pack. I stamped a sentiment on the banner image to make it a sympathy card.
I have added a coordinated pattern paper for the inside of the card so it can be seen through when it's closed and another sentiment can be stamped/written on it.
Card 2 : Thanks a bunch friend - Vellum in Diecuts
In this card, I again used Vellum as my base but wanted to highlight the use of Vellum for diecuts. I diecut 2 clouds and adhered it on my panel. I hide the glue marks by sticking enamel dots on it. 
The main image is from Whimsical pack. The image is so cute in itself that you don't have to do anything much on the center of the card.
This is the inside of the card. I finished it with some sentiments "Thanks a bunch - Friend".
Card 3 : You are the bestest - Heat embossing on Vellum
Heat embossing on Vellum is always tricky. You need the right kind of thickness so that it wouldn't wrap. I tried the heat embossing on Papericious Vellum and the results were magnificent. 
Here is a closeup. The heat embossing was so crisp and cleat with no wrapping. To complete my card, I diecut various flowers and leaves from the whimsical paper pack to create foliage. Isn't it so elegant?
Card 4 : Thinking of you 
Here is another simple card I made to show how we can use Vellum and how we can hide the glued part ;). I diecut leaves and vines from Papericious Vellum using SSS die and stick it under the curved panel I diecut from Papericious Whimsical Paper pack.
Supplies used : 
1. Papericious Whimsical Paper Pack 
2. Papericious Vellum Cardstock 
I hope you liked all my cards. I will have another post using Papericious Vellum as I have more ideas on how to use it and would like to explore more with Vellum. 
Have a great week ahead!
Hugs,
Priya 

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Priya. Especially the deer one I loved what you did on the inside.

    ReplyDelete