"LOVE" by Tina Ollett

4:35 pm Tina Ollett 0 Comments


Hello and welcome back today. Tina Ollett with you here all the way from sunny Queensland in Australia. We have been having an extreme heatwave at present and what better way to stay out of the heat than to create in the cool of airconditioning. 

 So this is what I did today. A little mixed media in my first pages of my Papericious Journal Book. You may remember a couple of months back I decorated the front cover. I didn't ever think that I would get to put anything in it of course, because that is what I usually do, but I surprised myself and got a little messy. I hope you enjoy it! 

My journal pages were primed with clear gesso and white gesso. I used the decoupage papers from The Queen tore sections and adhered to my layout to support the photo and also to mirror the layout on each side.



As you can see above and below are the lace flowers that I have coloured. These flowers are perfect for journal pages. They sit very flat and can also be coloured very easily. I used Distress Ink and water to colour mine.

  Lace White Blooms - Papericious Fabric Flowers


Wings - Papericious Collage Chippis



It is very difficult to see in these photos unfortunately but I have used the Pearl Pink Chalk Paint along with the Natural White to colour sections of the journal pages and also to change up the colours of the pearl centres.


Along with the lace flowers I have also added in some natural burlap and distress it somewhat.

Oh I so wish you could see the true colours of this project today.

And ......
I also have a little creative process recording for you !
Just click on the link below and it will take you straight there.

I do hope you have enjoyed my first ever journal page. I had a great time getting my hands dirtier than normal. Thank you for popping by. 

Happy Crafting 
Tina x

You Might Also Like

0 comments: