Cards using Decoupage papers

3:10 pm Arjita 2 Comments

Hi friends,
I love making cards and the Papericious Decoupage are extremely gorgeous hence I decided to create few cards using them. The cards I made are super duper simple to create still I will describe the few common steps involved.
- take a card base of 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" inches
- select the patterned paper and cut it at 4" by 5 1/4" inches
- distress the edges using a scissor or distressing tool.
- apply white gesso around the distressed edges

Card #1
For the peacock card I added two papers on top of each other to get a layered effect. Once that was done I splattered white gesso to get an artsy look which is simply stunning . I used a die and golden glitter paper to add a sentiment and that added a lot of interest .


Card #2
This is my favourite card and here everything remains simple yet beautiful. I took the floral paper and matted it on a black card base. Used a circle die and and a bold sentiment to finish the card. I also love adding the black twine by Papericious which ties the card beautifully.


Card #3
This card is was the fastest to make and all I did was chop off the paper in two parts, distressed all the edges and stamped a sentiment right between the gap created. I used a dark navy ink to stamp the simple sentiment. The white splatters add a touch of art in this card which is just amazing.


Card #4
For this card I fussy cut the floral cluster and attached it on another damask patterned decoupage paper. This involved a lot of intricate cutting and the result was great. This is a little vintage looking card and I had fun creating it.


So with this we come to the end of todays post. I hope you liked the cards I created. Do visit the other blog pots and go through the other decoupage project tutorials done by my talented team mates. I am sure you will love them as much as I do.
take care
Happy Crafting
Love
Arjita

SUPPLIES:





You Might Also Like

2 comments: